Help with Installing the 58-164

A home owner from Woodbine, NJ says:
Just purchased one of your dual durometer weather strips for my new vinyl window, part 58-164. This seal was not installed on one of the windows by the builder, therefore I'm installing. I can see it is the correct seal but having trouble installing. The T-shaped part of the weatherstrip is very stiff and doesn't snap easily into the groove in the window. Is it just a matter of hand strength, or is there some technique? I heated the weatherstrip a bit with a heat gun which made it more pliable, but still won't snap in.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The 58-164 isn't meant to snap into the slot. It's actually meant to slide into it from the end. Most windows that take this type of seal have an opening at one end of the channel that allows this to be done. If there isn't an opening, you'll have to make one. Take a look at the video below and see if this helps. While the video shows wool pile, not bubble seal, the process is the same. 

A home owner from Woodbine, NJ says:

Yes, I removed the sash from the window and slid the seal into the groove from the end.

All good now.

Thanks.
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.