Help with install of S400-30 spiral balance- issues with attaching the bottom area

A quick learner from Oviedo, Florida says:

I am needing assistance with attaching the S400-30 balance pins on my GA window. I can tension the spiral balance ( 3-4 turns clockwise ) but I cannot get it to stay in its clip area. So when I have the tip up in the area of the clip seems I can only get the bottom side to attach not the other side?? Help Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a tool that is identical to your tension charging tool.

Also how many turns clockwise to charge the balance?Thanjs

Regards,

Marcus

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Marcus. 3-4 turns is perfect for this balance. As for connecting it to the clip, I'm afraid I don't have any advice on that. The fact of the matter is, on some windows it's just hard. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself bending over a window sill trying to squint up into the track to find the track. I've scraped knuckles and I've broken tools, but there's not really a trick to it. I can only tell you to be patient and have a friend hold up the window while you do it. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.