Help with window channel

A quick learner from Malvern, PA (19355) says:

Hello,

I'm looking to replace a few window channel balances in a window that I have in my master bedroom. The windows were relatively new when we moved into our house in 2013 but I cannot determine the brand of window (there are no markings anywhere). For this window, I need 2 replacement channels for the top/back pane, and 1 replacement channel for the bottom/front pane. I was able to determine that I need two of the 22" Series 775 Balance (2201 & 1-1/4" shoe) for the top/back pane, but I'm not sure which series I need for the bottom/front. Judging from the existing channel, it looks like a 26" channel but without the aluminum channel (spring and rod only) plus a 1-1/4" shoe. Attached is a picture of the existing channel. Can you help determine which replacement part I need?

Thank you,

Jack

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_bottom_right_channel.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jack. This is an old Rod type balance that isn't made anymore. The good news is that one of our modern balances very well may work as a replacement. I'm just not sure what.

Please show me a picture of the clip, shoe, or whatever else is at the bottom end of the balance. That will allow us to determine which Series from our catalog will replace it.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply. Attached are 3 photos of the bottom end of the balance. As you can see, there is a 1-1/4" shoe at the bottom. The length of the rod balance + shoe is around 27.5". Let me know if you need any additional measurements or photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

This is precisely what I needed to see, thank you! I believe our Series 775 channel balance will replace your original. This has the same type of "boat" shaped shoe at the bottom and should install the same way. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Yes this is what I figured, thanks for confirming. I believe I would need a 26" with the 1-1/4" shoe option. The existing channel from top to bottom (not including the shoe) is 26". I weighed the sash and it is 16.4 lbs. Therefore, I believe I need 26B & 1-1/4" Shoe option. Do you agree?
Profile picture of Tom

As long as that information is accurate, then it sounds good to me! Please let me know if you had any other questions about this product.

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.