Help with window screens

A home owner from S.C. says:
Just bought a home and I am unable to get the screens out. They have the locking pull tabs at the top of the windows. Part of the window at the top has a lip that's in the way. On one the screen Spline and screen had been removed but still unable to get the frame out du to the lip at the top. How do I get this screen out?
Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm not personally familiar with this screen, but I'll share this with my senior colleagues and see if they have any ideas. We'll try to get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The top corner key looks like our 95-218 and it looks like it is still engaged in the top channel. That's probably the main issue. Maybe try a small screw driver you can squeeze in between the screen frame and window track, then slide the lever down. That should release it.

Thanks for the help. But it is in the unlock position. Sending a picture of it in lock position the numbers on it are 842-2C and 842-3C. Here are other photos that might help.

Thanks for the help,
Julie
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

This problem is puzzling. I'm really not sure what it could be. All I can think of is that there must be springs on the bottom of the screens. You would pull the screen down and out towards you from the top. Otherwise, the only other thing that makes sense is that the window designed it so that the screen can't be removed, but that would be incredibly bad design. I don't think that's it.

I'm sorry that we can't offer more advice. This is one of those situations where it would be better to be there in person so as to employ a little trial and error. If you can't pull the screen down then you should consider contacting a local professional to come out and do just that.

Thanks, yes I have never in my life come across screens like this. I bent one just to get it out and see if it was upside down but it wouldn't go in that way. Seems there is a part of the window that is in the way.

Thanks again for trying,
Julie
A quick learner from Pataskala, Ohio says:
This looks the same as my Miranda home screens and I can't get my screen out either unless I tilt the window inward and bring the screen in either between the two panes of glass or raise the inside glass up further than it could when it's in it's track. I'm on here looking for the replacement locks you're having trouble with.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.