Herbst Lazar 1983

A home owner from NYC says:
The latch is missing screws and loose. I am looking for a compatible replacement
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C5649FDA-C25A-48B1-B53B-BCB53BABF57C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a very old handle set that isn't made anymore, unfortunately. The good news is that you should be able to use our 40-177 as a substitute. Look it over and let me know if you had any questions.

A home owner from Ct says:
Need this type of lock , if available that will be great or the one you are suggesting 40-177 where we find that one and how much it will cost.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! The 40-177 is a product that we sell on our site, which I've linked to both in this post and my previous response back in 2021. You can review a full price breakdown on that store page at your convenience.

A home owner from NY says:
am looking to replace latch for door that evidently has been discontinued. the picture of the latch is the same as the one pictured in your site dated 4/26/21, which was in response to home owner in NYC 4/19/ 2021 (WHO WANTED A SCREW FOR REPLACEMENT}.

It suggested part 40-177.
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! If your part is the same as what's shown above, and considering our recommendation was the 40-177, then that would be my recommendation to you, as well. Is there any reason you don't think it will work? Did you have any particular questions?

How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.