Hinge for Young Hinkle Dresser

A home owner from York, PA says:
I have a children's bedroom set that was mine growing up 30 years ago. I tracked down the drawer hardware as the Kenlin and ordered replacement parts from your web site. Thanks! My question is that the batchelor chest has 2 hinged doors. One of the brass colored hinges has broken and I cannot find an exact (or even similar) replacement. Do you have any thoughts as to where I could look? I can get a picture of the hinge if that would help. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the first step would be to submit photos of your current hardware with dimensions. We can help you research a possible replacement part.
A home owner from York, PA says:
I held a ruler in the pictures but let me know if additional dimensions are needed. In addition, the 2 halves of the hinge are labelled "N08303 KBC" and "N08304 KBC".
Thanks,
Curt
hinkle hinge
Profile picture of Tom
Sorry, but we could not locate a replacement hinge that this time.
Update: we recently brought in a brass hinge, it is smaller than the original but has the same offset, take a look at SWISCO product code 32-135.
A friend from Atlanta, GA says:
I have the same batchelor chest piece and also in need of 2 replacement hinges. If you were successful in locating a replacement please let me know where. If not I will replace all 4 hinges and sell you the 2 good ones I have. Let me know.

Thank you.
A home owner from Westlake, OH says:
I too am in need of 2 hinges for a Young Hinkle chest of drawers from the 80s. It is the same as pictured above. Please let me know if you find something and I will do the same if I find a source. Thanks
A handy person from atlanta, ga, United States says:
Also in need of the same two hinges above.
One other question... we were thinking of switching out all the hardware to brushed nickel hardware for our young hinkel pieces..any idea if there is something out there that would work?
A home owner from Florida says:
Looking for 1 replacement hinge also. If anyone decides to sell one of their hinges please contact me.
A home owner from The Woodlands, Texas says:
I am also looking for 1 replacement hinge exactly like the one pictured. Mine is stamped "Taiwan". If found I would purchase 2 in case I need another replacement in the future. Appreciate your help!!
Thanks
A home owner from missouri says:
I am also looking for the same hinge for the Windjammer chest. If anyone knows where I could find one, please let me know.
A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
swisco...with so many of us after this same hardware...you'd think something could be found or that by now someone would make one. Swisco why haven't you posted an update since last January
Profile picture of Tom
I am sorry, but there has not been any updates. We have not found a replacement hinge nor has anyone else come forward on this board with a solution to this problem.
Update: we recently brought in a brass hinge, it is smaller than the original but has the same offset, take a look at SWISCO product code 32-135.
A quick learner from Missouri says:
It seems like the hinge we have was not a good one. My question is why not replace them with a similar hinge with possibly the same holes???
A home owner from Clawson, MI says:
add me to the list looking for two hinges for my Young-Hinkle outrigger dresser. Hopefully someone will find one that works.
A contractor from Charlotte NC says:
One of two hinges broke. Looking for a replacement
or alternate set.
Want to sell a single hinge ? Suggested aternates?

Thanks
A home owner from Cantonment, Florida says:
I have two broken Hinges that have the same parts number and look just like the pictures. If anyone know where to find these hinges, please let me know by email.

Thanks
Attention: Mike from SWISCO.
With this many requests for replacements for the defective hinges for the Young-Hinkle dresser, I am disappointed that your company cannot provide replacements. I have tried unsuccessfully to find a replacement at numerous local hardware and furniture stores. What is the problem?? In anticipation of a useful response, I thank you.
A home owner from Decatur, IL says:
I am looking for the same hinges. Has anyone had any luck locating the hinges? I need one.
A quick learner from Southington, Ct says:
I also need 2 of these hinges. Has anyone found a replacement that works? Please let me know.

Thank you!
A quick learner from Poughquag, New York says:
I am also looking for the same exact hinges ... for the ice box door on the chest of drawers that was featured in the movie "ET". PLease let me know when someone locates the hinges anbd I will do the same. Thanks, Susan S.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I believe we may have found the needed hinges.
We will post again as soon as they are available.

@Susan in NY: that is really cool
A home owner from Canatonment Florida says:
Thats great. I would like to have at least two probably 4 if you have enough.
A quick learner from Poughquag, New York says:
Thanks .. sounds promising. Can't wait to hear back.
I am definitely interested in purchasing 2 hinges for the Young Hinkle dresser. Please provide details needed for placing the order. Thank you!
Profile picture of Casey
Thank you all so much for your patience! Please see our new SWISCO product code 32-338 Hinge with 3/8" Offset.

Please note that this is a discontinued product, and that there is only one color option. It will be sold while supplies last.
A home owner from Michigan says:
I just received the hinges and they worked perfectly! Thanks!
Profile picture of Casey
We regret to inform you all that our Replacement Hinge for a Young Hinkle Dresser has been discontinued, and is no longer available. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and I thank you all for your past patience in this matter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.