Hinge for an Emco storm door

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I just received my order for the 40-165 storm door hinge pin replacements and the Larson storm door hinge.

The pin and the spring is too big for the hinges that I bought. The hinges kind of fit, but I can't put it inside. Did I order the right parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LoBlanco.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hopefully I can help! The 40-153 Hinge is typically used for Larsen storm doors. But that being said, I have used them to replace EMCO doors as well. What I did was reuse the metal pins from the original hinge, and they worked fine. Let me know what you think. 

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Thank you for your help
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

My pleasure! Let us know if you need anything else.

A quick learner from Canada new brunswick says:
My hinges are 3 inches long and similar to your 40-153. I need 3 if you have them.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! If our 40-153 is a match, then you can place an order for it directly on our site at your convenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.