Home Window Pictures

A quick learner from USA says:
I am trying to fix my non tilt windows. Can you please help me identify the parts needed and if it should be a fairly easy or difficult fix? I have attached the photos below.

- The window balancer is 27" long and I think it's 9/16
- I couldn't figure out what shoe is needed that would go under the window to hold the balancer
- The seal strips around the outside of the windows are coming off and I don't know how to repair it
- One of the pictures is of the sliding patio door where the furry strip is coming off
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 06.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 062.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 069.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 064.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0701.PNG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! If your balance tube is 9/16" in diameter, then you would want our S500-27 spiral balance. I'm not sure what shoe it attaches to, but it looks like whatever it is is nestled in the bottom corner of the sash. There is a good chance that it can't be removed or replaced. Many windows like this are designed that way.

I'm not sure about your weatherstripping for either the window or door. We will require more detailed information to identify a match. I recommend watching the video below, this should cover everything we need to get started.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.