HomeDepot Security Door Lock

A home owner from Hayward, CA says:
It's been 10+ years and it's broken, can you provide the right part number to order please? Sorry I cannot find the other parts. The stylish polished brass mortise lockset is included (no marking or brand in the lockset) when I purchased the security door from Home Depot. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HomeDepot SecurityDoor.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LockInside.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LockInBetween.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DoorHandle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LockOutside2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Without seeing the lockset in the door I am afraid it's difficult to tell what you might need. Can you tell me the hole spacing, or the distance between the center of each mounting hole that is used to keep the lock to the door? From there we'll do what we can to help from there. 

Hello,

Happy Friday!

Attached are additional Photos of the broken security door lock.
I hope you can find the right lockset.

Thank you.
Pete
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6922.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Pete, thanks for getting back to us. Start by looking at our 40-049 Storm Door lockset. Compare its dimensions to your old lockset and see if this matches what you need. 

Thank you, I will order 40-049 Storm Door lockset.
I received the lockset and it is too small. See attached photos.
I will return, do you have any other recommendation?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Return1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Return2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to hear the 40-049 did not work for you. See this Return Policy here. Take a look at the 40-211 instead. This lockset might have the proper dimensions based on your photos, but please look over the pictures on the shop page and confirm to your existing lockset and see if this is a better match. Let me know if anything differs. 

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.