Hook catch or lock mechanism J shape

A handy person from Miami Shores FlL says:


I have some windows that are a crank out style with 2 or 3 window panels, alumni frame. Panels are about one foot tall x about 3 foot wide. There are catch or lock mechanisms on the sides that when closed seem to prevent the panels from being pulled open from the outside.

The pieces are about 2 inches long and kind of look like a J letter hook.

Some are broken on the straighter part. They seem to cause a problem with getting the windows to open and close. I have lubricated the hardware. Pretty sure they are the culprits.

Do you know what that part is called?

Do you carry it?

How much?

Thank you,


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01676810-FC4D-44FD-838D-698048C9150C.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we can supply a replacement for this hardware. Take a look at our 39-537 or 39-539 lock assemblies and see if they could match what you have. We also have the 39-538 and 36-085. These are just guesses, though. I can't say for sure if they will work for you. I'm sorry we can't offer a better replacement. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)