Hoping to replace entire door handle, lock, and perhaps keeper

A home owner from Centreville, VA says:
Hi there! I determined the door handle holes are 3 & 15/16" apart. I ordered Part #82-261 in hopes to replace my sliding door handle and lock mechanism. I unpacked everything and began to put things together while looking up directions, before actually disassembling the existing handle assembly on my door. I found this article (https://www.swisco.com/discussions/82-261--77-78654) and realised this kit will not work with my door. I saw the recommended parts in the Swisco Expert's response, but am also looking to replace the lock itself, as the current lock does not seem to reach out far enough to latch onto the Keeper anymore. I may also need to replace the keeper (your recommendation would be helpful, photo of the keeper included). What parts can you recommend so I can successfully make the sliding door lockable with a key mechanism, replace both handles, replace the lock itself, and possibly replace the Keeper? I hope this makes sense. Also, should I go ahead and begin the Return process for my current items? Thank you, and Happy New Year.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door Handles.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door Keeper.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door Lock.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your handle set appears to match our 82-035. This is compatible with the 82-315 key lock, as shown in the video below.

As for the mortise lock, I would recommend the 82-218, but replacement may not be necessary. You can adjust the hook to reach out further (or retract further into the door) by turning the small screw directly above it. Try that first before you buy anything just to be sure.

Finally, for the keeper, see our 89-021D.

A home owner from Centreville, VA says:
Hi Tom!
I tried to turn the flathead screw of the Mortise lock, and nothing seemed to happen. Another reason I'm having trouble (forgot to mention, sorry) is because the latch on the inside refuses to depress all the way down, and springs back up when pressed down enough to properly latch into the Keeper. Photos attached to attempt to show this. What are my options to solve this issue, too?

Thanks again!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220105_160932.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220105_160940.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That is kind of odd. I wonder if there's some issue with the spring inside the mortise mechanism.

That's easy enough to figure out, fortunately. The first thing we need to do is narrow down exactly where the problem lies. I recommend removing the mortise from the door entirely and then using a flat-head screwdriver to throw it manually. Your goal is to see if you run into the same issue as you just described. 

If you have the same problem, then the mortise is your culprit and it needs to be replaced. Our 82-218 should work perfectly fine. If it seems to work fine, then the issue lies elsewhere; at that point you should examine the thumb lever itself, or even the inside frame of the door to see if there is any damage or obstruction that could be causing an issue.

One thing to keep in mind before you do anything is that your mortise style has a tendency to fall inside the door if you aren't careful. Make sure to extend the hook and keep a close grip on it with pliers or something while you unscrew it.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.