How Does 10-216 Lock In?

A quick learner from NC says:
My question is about how the 10-216 locks in the bottom door guide? When I raise my door up to free the roller the 10-216 does not let go. If I set the door down on the track it did not let go. Thus when I tried to remove the door I broke one of my 10-216's. Do you have any instructions, pictures etc on how to release the 10-216 so the door can be removed? Thanks Ed
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I won't lie, our experience with the 10-216 is limited. I've never personally replaced one of these on a shower door. When you say bottom door guide, what are you referring to, exactly? I know that the bottom screw rail of the door is installed over these. You'd have to remove the rail before you can remove the guide. Could this be what you're referring to? Otherwise, I believe this is meant to just ride along the bottom track.

A handy person from Gainesville, FL says:
On my doors that use this guide, the frame is secured by a square drive screw that engages the aluminum channel. The square drive let you apply a LOT of torque. Both my screws broke off leaving the threaded end in the channel. The threaded piece is very hard - drilling it out is not an option for me. I'll have to grind them out or replace the channel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.