How can 10-057 work for me?

A home owner from 28079 says:
I see several discussions regarding the same ball catch I have, but don't understand the configuration of the replacement unit suggested. (10-057)
Attached are pics of 1:the female housing buried in the top of the closet door and 2: the male portion containing the spring, minus the ball. The male portion measures 5/8" in diameter. Does the item 10-057 have a similar configuration and the same size (with a housing and screw-in spring container) ? I have not seen any dimensions for that unit.
Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1429.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1428.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 10-058 works similarly to yours. If you look at your second photo, you'll see a "cup" in the hole where your ball catch installs. That's the outer housing of the original, just like the outer housing you see on the 10-057. You'll need to remove that in order to install ours. That will also give you an opportunity to confirm that our dimensions align.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.