How do I install this

A quick learner from Vernon, NJ says:
Hello, Attached is a photo of a "shoe" and rivet for an Andersen casement. The one I had cracked from old age. When I got this part, unfortunately from a different web site, sorry, it just came like this without any instructions on how to install. Can you please tell me the process a contractor would take to remove the old broken shoe and install this one in its place?

Than you so much.
A customer submitted photo of an Andersen casement shoe and rivet.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, I think it would be best if you order a completely new operator rather than just replace this one part, as it would act as a better replacement. If you wish, you can upload a picture of the whole operator and we can identify what you would need.

Now, here is how I would install the bracket:
First. drill out the old rivet, then find a small solid piece of metal--or something hard--that is about 1" thick to lay the operator arm on.
Now, assemble the nylon bracket and rivet to the arm and place the assembly on a metal block. With a hammer, whack the rivet to start spreading it.
A handy person from Minnesota says:
Squeezing this between a piece of metal (like a mallet) and an air hammer works great. You can do this in place without having to remove the window trim/crank. I have fixed five cranks this way so far; no issues.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.