How do I measure the casement crank?

A home owner from Santa Fe NM says:
I have K+K casement windows, and I need to replace some cranks. How do you determine the proper size crank? I know I can take it off and measure it, but exactly what needs to be measured? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, it really depends on what kind of crank you have. If you'd like, you can remove the operator and take a few pictures of it, then upload those pictures here for us to see. From there we can try to identify what you have. At the very least, we can tell you what to measure.
A home owner from Santa Fe says:
How do I determine what size crank I
User submitted photos of a window operator handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. You want the crank handle, not the crank itself. To determine what you need, you will have to measure the installation hole, which is known as the "spline." See our 39-102 as an example. I suspect this is what you have, but just double check. This has a spline of 11/32". What is yours?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)