How do I reinstall this?

A home owner from Colorado, USA says:
To be honest, I don't think I need to purchase anything from you, but perhaps you will help anyway?
I have a closet that uses the 23-214 : Wardrobe Door Roller Assembly, 7/8 Dia. The door separated from the roller as shown in the photo and I cannot figure out how to reattach the door -- the screw rod seems too long to slip the door under it. Can you help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Certainly. You will have to remove the roller from the track and screw it back to the base which should still be on the door. Then, you will need to remount the door by sliding the rollers into the track from the end. Let me know if this helps, or if you had any questions. 

A home owner from Colorado, USA says:

Thanks, but my problem was actually how to get the roller out of the rail as it seemed trapped (there are ridges on the upper surface of the rail to prevent the top rollers from rotating out of the track. I found another source that pointed me to two slots cut out of the ridges, they were further along the track (past the mid-point) so I hadn't noticed it. 

Now my problem is that the screws have stripped out of the wood. There is not much composite material between the screw hole and the threaded tube collar (which the roller threaded rod screws into, the middle component in your photo, and the plastic sleeve that goes over it) and the wood has broken away on both sides of the tube. Much of the weight of the door (easily 50 lbs) is supported on those two screws - not a great design IMO (not your fault!).

Any suggestions for how I can beef up this part of the door so I can remount the assembly? Or is there an alternative roller assembly that would fit the door... like the middle component in the photo, but may be with longer wings (to go into new wood) or with two screws on each side to better support the weight of the door?Thanks.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have a few ideas. One would be to use a longer and larger diameter screw to mount the bracket. Another thought would be to install a piece of metal or angle at the top of the door and install the bracket into it. It would take some work, but that might be a solution. One more idea would be to use a type of wood epoxy at the top of the door where you need to install the bracket.

A handy person from St Petersburg FL says:
Seems I have a problem similar to Colorado's: I need to remove a bi-fold door to repair/replace the base support piece which has been crushed by an appliance moved across it. My previous experience with bi-folds is to simply depress the top roller mechanism to pop the door out. This two-wheeled roller seems trapped in the track with no obvious way to release it. Is unscrewing the track really the only solution to free the door? Thank. Randy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0246.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

In a previous discussion, it was noted that there are two slots cut out of the ridges in the track past the midway point to remove the rollers.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.