How do I replace window weatherstripping?

A home owner from Madison, WI says:
I've looked for videos online and articles. Thank goodness your video showed up in my search and at least led me to the right resource for materials. Online I've found that it is suppose to be difficult to replace weatherstripping in double hung tilt out windows, but the stuff keeps sneaking out and I keep cutting it off because I can't get it back in.

Is there a way to get the window off the frame? How do I even begin? If it matters, I'm trying to replace some skinny fin-type weatherstripping, like the #58-002. But if I can't figure out how to use it, it won't do me much good to buy it. Is there a good site for step-by-step instructions? I love video instructions. Easy ones! I'm a do-it-yourself little ole lady with much more courage than knowledge.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I hope I can help you replace this weatherstripping. To remove a tilt window sash, first raise the window up a few inches. Now, you'll note that at the top of the window sash, at each corner, are latches. Pull those latches in to free up the window sash from the frame. Then all you need to do is tilt it in towards you and pull out the bottom two corners one by one.

Have you also seen our video on how to replace wool pile weatherstripping? If not, this may provide valuable insight for you.
A home owner from Madison, WI says:
You darling, I will give it a try. Thank you so much for the help. I love the "empowerment high" from accomplishing something new. This will get me on the right track. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll give it a try. Thanks again and again!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Of course! It was my pleasure. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to help.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.