How do you assemble the 26-464?

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Good evening,

I purchased a set of tilt window latches 26-464 and I am not sure how the top part fits into the latch. I apologize for such a novice question, but I am not sure how to fit these two pieces together. I know the smaller part must somehow fit into the larger part before it goes into the window in order to operate the latch correctly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Jennifer
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, maybe I can help. With the sash tilted in towards you, the body of the latch is inserted into the wood sash opening and screwed down to secure it. Then push the locking tooth into the housing and lock the finger latch into the elongated hole.

Please let me know if you had any questions.

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I think I may have purchased the incorrect tilt latch for my windows. The latch I currently have is plastic and comes in one piece. It just slides out of the window, with the use of a hammer?there is nothing to screw in place, just one piece that fits into each side of the window.. Do you know if your establishment sales a latch that is the same design/size, but is is one piece?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

What you've described can actually apply to a ton of different latches in our inventory. I think the best place to start right now would be with some photos of the original latch, ideally removed from the window. Would that be possible?

I am hopeful that the attached pictures work. Please let me know if they do not.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9942AD9B-5B18-4530-AC44-F22C751A99E4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A2056CCB-4C4E-4241-9113-2BE548932D27.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4BC444ED-3670-4DA5-9DFA-91FCCC6DFBC6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 62DD984B-927C-4CE3-AAD1-1BF814B2A4E0.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! These photos are a huge help. Based on what I see here, I think a better option would have been our 2-243 and 26-244. Review our specs and see if you agree.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

A quick learner says:
Thank you so much for this information!! I will definitely buy these products and see how they work with my tilt windows. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much! Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. 

Thank you so much for telling me about these tilt latches. They arrived today and I've already installed them. They work perfectly!!!
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! I'm very glad to hear that it worked out.

Thanks once again for your business, it means a lot. We're always here to help if you had any other window repair projects in the future.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.