How do you install the 15-159 shoe?

A professional from Cleveland , Ohio says:
I have the Malta center pivit window with plastic shoe showing part number 15-159. I have several windows that these shoes have broken. If I get the replacement part what is the best way that these should be re-installed. The strings and springs are in good shape just need to reattach the new shoe how do i take the pressure off the spring when attaching them
Thank You
Frank
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Frank.

To install the 15-159 Malta Pivot Shoe on the string, you will need one set of standard pliers, and one set of locking pliers. With the standard pliers, pull down the string about a foot and lock it in place with the locking pliers. Now you should be able to change the shoe. When you've installed the new shoe, hold the string with the standard pliers, release the locking pliers and gently release the string as to not break the shoe.
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.