How do you install the 21-044 bifold door pivot?

A landlord from St. Louis MO Area says:
I have a non-operative Benchmark door and looking at your website, it appears I need to replace both my 21-044 guide pins. However, how do I install and adjust them? A drawing or parts diagram would be helpful. Do the plastic tips on the 21-044 ride inside the track or on the surface of the track? What clearance should I have between the upper and lower tracks and the door top and bottom? Do I really need the actual Benchmark pins or might the shorter spring-loaded pins (that fit a 3/8" hole in the door) I see available at Home Depot, etc, function as well? Thanks very much!

J D
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

To remove the door, slightly open the door and reach up and pull down the top guide pin and the top pivot pin-- this will disengage the door from its track. You should now be able to lift the door off of the bottom track. Lay the door down so you can easily access the pins for replacement. The Swisco 21-002 threaded pin is the bottom pin, and the 21-044 is the top pivot, and top and bottom guide pin. While the door is out, check the top and bottom pivot blocks, 21-209, and the rubber bumpers in the tracks, 21-276. To reinstall the door, line up the bottom pivot pin to the pivot block, and the bottom guide pin to the track. Now install the top pivot pivot the top pivot block, and the top guide pin to the top track. Fold the door slightly, and with a screwdriver, adjust the bottom pivot pin to raise the door enough to clear the track. Open and close the door to see if you need to further adjust the door.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.