How do you remove the old Pella window crank?

A home owner from 44024 says:
i think the 39-097 is the part i need....window glass 24 1/2"x 36 1/2"...mid 1970's....how do i remove the old one to check the measurements...thanks
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Make sure the sash lock handle is completely disengaged. Turn the crank slightly, and apply slight pressure to the sash near the lock assembly. The sash should snap open.

Then open the window and remove the arm bracket from the operating sash by unscrewing.

Next, remove the wood trim sill cover carefully, take care not to damage it when prying it up.

With the sill cover off, the operator should be exposed. Remove the remaining screws and lift the operator out.

Reverse this process to install the new operator.

To keep the window operating smoothly, clean the window track occasionally with a brush. To help prevent the sash from sticking, apply a thin layer of paraffin or other dry lubricant (Slider Slicker works well) to the weatherstripping. Do not use oily lubricants; they attract dust and grime, which will eventually restrict the window's movement.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.