How far does spring 70-097 stick up?

A quick learner from Jensen Beach, Fl. says:
How far does that spring stick up? I need tension springs for alum. sliding doors. They need to stick up about 5/8 - 3/4 inches.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... I think you want something like our 86-012 Andersen top tension spring. Does that look more familiar? Is your door Andersen?
No my doors are not an Anderson they are custom made to fit across the front of my carport. each door is 24" wide and are built to lift out of the tracks. The problem is that when you try to slide the door over sometimes it tilts up and get stuck. They need some sort of spring on each end to keep that from happening. So, how high does that spring 70-097 stick up?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Well, with 3" hole spaces, the 70-097 has a height of 1/2".
Thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.