How is the lock installed into this handle?

A home owner from Greenville, SC says:
I have ordered and received the 82-002K handle to replace the old and annoying handle in my sliding door. The handle looks like it is going to fit up exactly like the old handle but I am not really sure how to install the lock part of the handle. It looks like maybe there was a mistake at the factory and the hole for the lock was not cut out all the way. There is a round indent but there is still a piece of metal where the lock should go. Should I try to cut it out or exchange this handle for another one with the hole already cut out of it?

Thanks,
Sandra
User submitted photo of the 82-002K handle set they ordered from SWISCO.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning Sandra,

Thanks for submitting a picture; an image makes it a lot easier and faster to understand what you are describing. The 82-002K does not come with the key hole completely punched out (in case you decided not to use the included key lock). It is very easy to punch out the hole. I punched one out in the workshop using a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer. With one quick hit the cover came right off. Here is a video I created to show the process of removing the key hole cover and how to install the key lock cylinder into the handle. Let me know if you have any further questions after you watch the video.
A home owner from Greenville, SC says:
Mike, you're a doll!
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.