How to Install 21-058 Pin Cap

A handy person from USA says:
I'm repairing some old metal bi-fold doors for a customer. A cat urinated on the doors and bottom track for years and caused major rust damage. I had to add sheet metal and angle iron to the door bottom.

I'm hoping to replace the bottom track with 21-402, and pivot pin 21-002.

The upper track has pins similar to 21-058. Can you please explain how the plastic pin caps fit into the track? I can't tell if I must remove the track from the ceiling to slide them in/out from the ends, or if they snap in place.

Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190821_152253.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190821_162528_thumb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190823_102834_thumb.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Our 21-108 guide slides out of the end of the track. You'll have to remove the track entirely to get those guides out. Hopefully that information helps.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.