How to determine sash weight range.

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I know the channel balance that I need and I weighed the sash because there are no numbers on the channel balance besides the parts number. My sash is 22 lbs. Do I buy two 2540 which are for 19-25 lbs or do I split the sash weight between the two channel balances and buy two 2520 which are for 9 to 15 lbs, thinking half the sash weight is 11?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Typically for non-tilt window channel balances, any number on the balance should be the stamp code. In any event, if the sash weighs exactly 22 lbs, use the 2540 stamp option for a window sash in the range of 19 through 25 lbs. The weight ranges for channel balance stamp options are meant to describe the overall capacity with two balances installed. Let us know if you have further inquiries. 

A home owner from CA says:
I have a broken 25-15 stamped window balance. I am unable to find any 25-15 stamped replacement here. What is the recommended alternative? I dont know the exact weight, but the window sash feels quite heavy (about 50 lbs)
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It may depend on the identity of the balance. Can you show us pictures of any attachments or fittings at either end of the metal channel? That is how one narrows down balance identity. Ultimately though, if this is a channel balance you will also need to obtain the exact weight of the window sash. That will be the only way to tell us what stamp option the new balance will need.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.