How to drill a hole in the brick clip

A home owner from Ontario says:
Hi there,

I need to drill some holes in the brick clip to mount a wireless security camera. I've tried a couple of different types of drill bits but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You will need to use a masonry drill bit to drill into the hard surface you will be drilling into. Also see if you have or can get your hands on a "Hammer type Drill". A helpful hint would also to have a "cup" of water to cool down the drill bit when drilling into the hard surface. And lastly wear some type of face shield or safety glasses when drill to protect you from the dust while drilling!

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
It turns out you have to soften the metal with a micro torch, then you can drill through it.

Carlo.
SWISCO Brick Clips
SWISCO Brick Clips
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.