How to engage 23-199 in bottom track

A quick learner from United States says:
the anti-jump floater clip on the roller 23-199 is not clipped into the bottom track. Therefore the door keeps falling off the track.

I want to confirm the procedure to engage the floater clip into the bottom track to stop door falling off track. Are there written assembly instructions you could forward?
Do I have to remove the entire roller assembly from door to engage floater clip into the bottom track? If so how do I reattach the roller assembly to the door once it is in the bottom track?

Or can I simply insert floater clip into the bottom track while still attached to the door? Your video on the 23-199 page seems to show the floater clip has to be rolled into the bottom track and not pushed straight in.

I wasn't sure if we could engage the clips in the bottom track while the door was on and if so would the door then go in the top track?

Thanks for the help, Doug

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2310.jpg
As a follow up, it seems the clip engages in the bottom track but is not secure enough to say in the track. Just doesn't work very good. As a result they are constantly coming out, and the entire door falls off closet opening. .

We have 200 closet doors with this situation so it is a big problem that needs a solution.

Doesn't seem like too much to ask for the rollers/tracks to work properly.

Is there a solution using current rollers/tracks or should we replace with a different more secure rollers/tracks that will stay engaged. Of course we want to use existing doors regardless.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. Your roller does seem to function similarly to our 23-199 bottom roller. This is a good, sturdy roller that we recommend quite often but it is important to install it properly or it will jump the track the way you mentioned. I've time stamped our video here to show you the proper way to install this style of roller. Essentially, you need to hold the door at an angle so that the clips are firmly in the track and the straightened the door so that the roller rests in the groove with the clips guiding it. This could be considered a two-man job since you need to angle the door and line it up with the track but once it's in, the roller should serve its job without issue for years to come. 

Hey Tom, thank you for your reply. Yes, from what I can tell this part looks exactly like your roller assembly 23?199. It can be pushed straight down into the track until it engages firmly, but easily comes out with basic use.

It sounds like you are saying your roller assembly will not come out easily. I guess we need to order a sample to run a test.

As a back up plan, do you have another roller assembly and track that might be considered more sturdy and not come out of the track as easily? Something more suited for commercial use?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There isn't really anything that could be described that way. I think that's the wrong line of thought for a solution.

To be honest, I don't even think your original roller is meant to work that way. Why would they design it to have those hooks if it just comes out? It's either poor design on the part of the manufacturer, or there's something else at work we aren't considering.

You might want to examine your track to see if it's damaged in any way. It's also possible the hooks on your original rollers are broken or worn and that's why they're coming out. I'm almost certain something like that is the case. I can't imagine they'd make this thing so it just comes out easily.

As for our roller, I wouldn't describe it as not coming out easily. You just have to tilt the door. It takes two people to do so because these are heavy mirror doors.

A little more information. We are a new 200 room hotel. So all the parts are new. Many doors are falling off the track every day. We push the clips back into the track but they are easily disengaged with normal use.

If your roller assembly and track will stand up to normal use and not come off the track then we would like to test and replace on all our doors.

Otherwise I notice there are several variations of rollers and tracks and another might be more Saturday and stand up to commercial use.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Our 23-242 track should work well for you, and we have it in other lengths as well. Looking at your photos, your rollers appear to only have one guide facing in one direction, while our rollers have two guides facing in and out. That might be the problem. Like Tom said they either broke off or it's just bad design. If so, replacing your rollers with our 23-199 or 23-225 (which is the same but has ball bearing wheels) then that could solve your problem.

No there are clips on both sides and they are not broken off. Only come out of the track easily. We have 200 closets and this happens 10-15 times a day. I have ordered your 23-199 and track to test functionality. Hopefully your design and functionality is better.

Is there a replacement roller assembly with different and/or sturdier design?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See the image below for what we mean. Our rollers have two guides facing in and out, while it appears your rollers only have one guide facing in one direction. Again, this could be an issue, but replacing your rollers with the 23-199 or the ball-bearing version, the 23-225, could solve your problem. Let us know what you find. 

23-225 install view
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.