How to hang the 70-047B Tension Spring

A home owner from Utah says:
We recently ordered new screens and they came with this type of hardware (without instructions). I have absolutely no idea how they fit in the window, any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure how these install myself, as I have very limited experience with them. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

This type of tension spring is installed in a "slot" in the screen frame. You would need to squeeze the width of the spring to install the two end "curls" into the slot in the screen frame. When the clip is installed into the screen frame it clips onto the "lip" in the master frame to hole the screen in place.

A home owner from Utah says:
Ok I'll try that, thank you very much!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.