How to install? 39-147

A handy person from Brighton, MA says:
Hi
I have never installed one of these cranks before:
I bought the replacement part(s) from Home Depot, and was advised I might find "how to install" instructions on-line.
Can you please provide a link?
Or better yet: easy instructions.
The window is on an upper floor requiring a very tall ladder, but, I intend installing the part from the inside.

Please get in touch ASAP.
Thanks
Mel
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mel. Installing these cranks are actually pretty easy. The hardest part is having to remove the wooden trim covering the old one. I recommend using a thin chisel or pry bar. Just be very careful not to break the wood! Once that trim is off, it's a simple matter of unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one.
A quick learner from Brighton, MA says:
Thanks!
It worked as easily as you described...
one little problem though – the window will not close completely(?)
Any tips?
Before I re-installed the new part I cleaned every (old thing) as well as possible.
Cheers
Mel
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not sure what that could be. There are two possibilities. Either the operator you chose was incorrect, or there is something obstructing the casement window.

First, uninstall the operator completely and try to open and close the window manually. If it binds up, then there is something in the way. If it works fine, however, then there is a problem with the operator. Carefully compare it to your original to make sure that all the dimensions match, especially for the arms.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.