How to install 90-273 Alenco window keeper

A quick learner from Kentucky says:
Does this keeper just get popped into the two holes? Does the bottom part of the window need to be removed before placing it into the two holes or should it fit into the two holes without having to remove any part of the window? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E9EE8789-5807-4A60-9605-021025847089.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 90-273 keeper is actually riveted to the frame at the factory. These aren't easy to replace since the manufacturer never intended you to repair them in any way.

Ideally, you can raise the bottom sash and then lower the top sash to access the old keeper. Pull it off to expose the two holes for the pins on the back of the keeper to slide in and see if you can somehow crimp the pins from the outside of the sash frame.

I want to stress that this is not easy. I am sorry that there is not a simpler solution.

A quick learner from Kentucky says:

Thank you! After hours of trying to manipulate this into place, I don't think that it is possible to do. Do you have instructions on how to remove the top or bottom half of the Alenco Series 350 Type & Class DH-B1 window? Will any other locks accommodate this window?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't have much more information on these old windows. Like I mentioned, these were never intended to be repaired so no instructions or guides were ever made. If the process we described won't work then I'm not sure what else will. I'm not saying there aren't other ways, but we've never tried them since the method I described has worked out in the past. I am sorry we cannot give more information on this window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.