How to install the 84-031

A home owner from Liverpool, NY says:
How do you install the roller. Does it come with a screw or pin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please see our video for how to install this roller. It does not come with a screw.
A handy person from Wisconsin says:
I struggled with pulling the roller out of my door the way you did with YouTube video. The slot was too small, and the end of the spring was blocked from sliding far enough to pull it out. I did figure a method to remove by moving the spring a little bit then pushing it out with a nail through the screw hole. I commented on your YouTube video but couldn't attach photo; then I found you had this comment section for uploading. Attached is the image. :) My sliding door is over 30 years old, so maybe designs changed?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Looking at your photos, I'm wondering if you have a combination screen roller and corner like our 84-011 or 84-026, for example. Look at these other videos we have for this type roller. They may help.
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.