How to remove a screen that has insert corner with pull

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
We recently purchased a house with single tilt windows. Some of the screens needs replaced. What we thought would be an easy removal of screens to replace them has us baffled. The upper corners of the screens has something like part number 95-186. We thought if you pulled on that the screen would "pop" out....instead the inside plastic square broke off and the screen is still attached to the window frame. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Don't you just hate that? It happens, though, and there isn't much you can do to avoid it. It's one of the problems with the built-in finger pulls and corner keys. There must be compression springs holding the screen in the track. Since you are repairing the screens, cut a slit in the wire and try to push against the springs to release the opposite side of the screen from window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at