How to remove a window that uses the 15-087

A quick learner from New Jersey, USA says:

My windows seem to have what looks like your 15-087 housing pivot.

I'm trying to take my window out to get a look at the replacement parts I need but there is no slot on the housing pivot that I would need to slide the window out.

Can you tell me how to get the pivot bar out of the way to remove the window and then get it back in place when the window is lined up for reinstall.

This seems to be a national secret that I can't find online.

Can you please help me?

Thank You

Bill

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Bill. Removing the sash in this kind of window may seem impossible at first, but it's pretty easy once you know the trick. Basically what you have to do is make sure that one pivot shoe is higher than the other, on the opposite side of the window. That angles the sash just enough for the pivot bars to slip out of the cam.

The tricky part is that you have to be tilting the sash in at the same time as you force one pivot shoe up. The end result should be a twisting motion. 

The video below will show you exactly how it's done. The balance system featured is different than the 15-087 but the method of removing the sash is exactly the same. You can see it at the 0:28 mark.

A quick learner from New Jersey, USA says:
Thank you for your reply.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.