How to remove the old 84-139

A handy person from Lemont, il says:
How do you remove the old roller assembly and install the new Norfolk 84-139 assembly. Want to make sure if plastic breaks , I didn't screw something up.
Thanks Fred
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Fred,

Unfortunately, the manufacturer didn't want you to replace these, for whatever reason. They're intended to be a "permanent" installation. That's obviously not realistic, and you can get them out, but it's not possible to do so without damaging it.

A handy person from Lemont, il says:
Ok, I got them out. This is what to try first.
Do Not use screwdriver to pry the longer side of the plastic. It bends the plastic retaining clip inside the frame. Result is you have to break apart to get out. Use a ice pick or small diameter Phillips screw driver that will fit into the small hole next to roller assembly. It needs to be a little long for leverage. Stick it straight in and then move side ways to ply up on assembly. This pushes the retaining clip towards the roller and releases it. Again something to try before breaking the plastic apart. Another thing I noticed is you can pull the roller itself out, without removing the whole assembly. Use plier and pull straight up. There are 2 small springs inside so be careful. I believe you show the roller in your list of parts. Could be an easier and cheaper fix. Hope this helps .
My Handyman Fred
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm glad you were able to remove the roller without too much trouble. We will be sure to pass on your tips to future customers in your situation Thanks for posting!

How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.