How to remove the plastic part on the side of the window?

A quick learner from orange county says:
The spring balance of the window is missing.I try to remove the window, but the side of window has a plastic latch. How to remove it? Where can I find the parts for old better bilt window?
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There are a lot of factors that may influence my answer. If possible, I'd like to see a picture of your window so that I can get a good idea of what you have. Also make sure to take a picture of where the spring would install on the side of the window.
A quick learner says:
Please see the attached file. Thanks for help
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. It looks like you have a builder's grade windows, which means the sashes are not meant to be removed, even if you pop out those small nylon guides. It looks like you have a 3/8" balance that attaches to the side of the window sash near the bottom. If you raise the sash and look underneath, you can see how the balance attaches. Please send a photo of that and I can try to help you find the best replacement balance. I will also need the length of the balance tube.
A home owner says:
1. I raise the sash and look underneath, but don't see the balance attached, maybe it is at the corner. See attached photo.
2. The length of the balance tube is about 30 inch.
3. I wonder whether it is impossible to remove the window sash from the frame. My understanding is that the nylon guides are removed first, then window can be movable horizontally.But I worry the guides will be broken. Since I can't find the replaceable part for nylon guide, is there available similar guide?
Appreciate your help much!
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You won't be able to remove the sash even if you remove the nylon guides. I would leave the guides alone. From your photo, it looks like you have a sash bracket like our 17-062, which is attached when the window is made. For the balance itself, I would recommend our S400-30 non tilt spiral balance with red tip. Our 75-004 tool will also be helpful during installation.

With someone helping you, you will need to drop the new balance in from the top of the sash, screw it in at the top, then let the spiral drop down. You will then raise the sash and, while someone holds the sash in the open position, spin the spiral up to the bottom of the sash. Finally, with our 75-004 tool, give the balance about three turns to charge it and lock it to the end into the sash clip.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.