How to remove the rusted Pivot Bar

A quick learner says:
Could you suggest me how to remove the rusted pivot bar from sash? I need take it out to measure the exact size. I removed the screw at one side, but I could not pull the bar out. I do not want to pull it too hard to damage the sash. The pivot bar at the other side is already broken. I need use a screw extractor to remove the other screw.

Thanks for the help.
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have repaired some of these window sashes in the past, but it was very difficult. I'll try to help as best as I can.

You say screw head is stripped. What I did was cut a slot in the head and use a slotted screw driver to remove it. Now, on the pivot part itself is where the tricky part comes in. You will need to use a heat gun and to loosen up the pivot bar. Heat it an tap the bar into the frame just a little to loosen it up, then use a pair of long-nose pliers to pull it from the frame. Please be very careful not to use too much heat! This is important. You could damage the glass or warp the vinyl frame. It might be better to remove the bottom rail from the sash entirely. To do this, you must remove the side rails first.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.