How to replace a 39-107 operator cover

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hello. I'm having trouble figuring out how to replace an operator cover. Can you please assist? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C22658F8-2363-40F4-B149-6A8671E8C114.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4F526D2C-2D3A-4881-9BFF-34BBBF833881.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 10F75DB5-8D8E-4009-9662-F118483B8E94.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The 39-107 cover simply snaps on to install. Thanks for posting!

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hi. I'm having difficulty taking the handle off to snap on the cover. Do I just need to use more force. I was afraid to break the crank. Thanks
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

These handles are installed in only one of two ways: a tiny set screw that keeps it braced to the spline or pressure-fit springs inside the hole that snap around the spline instead. If it's a set screw, you would simply remove the screw. If it's a pressure-fit ring, then it needs to pull off and it will take a little elbow grease.

If you're scared to do so, you could see if WD-40 can coax it out.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.