How to replace my 39-539 hinge

A handy person from Florida says:

Recently purchased part 39-539 for the purpose of replacing numerous plastic parts that were broken. The part comes with the metal arms and the part is correct for my windows. And the plastic part is only available in this configuration.

The connection at the metal end is a rivet through a plastic part and then through what appears to be a metal channel. The rivet is not accessible with a drill. The plastic part is simply screwed in at its end and there is a rivet that attaches the plastic peace to the metal arm.

Do I have to complete remove the window frame to change out this part; remove all the windows or what. I have no idea what

Existing Andersen Vent Hinge
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Yes, I'm afraid you will need to remove the side tracks in the main frame to access that rivet from behind. I recommend taking your time with it, as it's a little bit of a job.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.