How to replace the 81-265

A quick learner from California says:
I also found these rollers on this site. My question is how to remove and replace them.There is one screw on each corner of door frame (4) total. Do I need to take frame apart to slide them in or do they pop in with a little persuasion from a hammer?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
To replace these roller assemblies, you need to remove the door and lay it on top of a pair of saw horses or on a table. Remove the two bottom frame screws and then use a block of wood an hammer to carefully tap off the bottom rail. That should allow you to slide out the old roller assembly and slide in the new. When you finish installing the rollers, tap on the bottom rail, screw on the frame screws, and reinstall the door.
A professional from CA says:
The screw port that holds the roller will likely be crimped on both sides to keep the roller from moving around. This will need to be spread on the side closest to the end. I would still like to see an end view of the bottom rail. I keep asking and no one has provided one. These rollers have no bearings and I can't imagine that no better roller can be substituted.
A home owner from CA says:
Just had to replace two rollers on my Likit door.

Attached is an end view of the bottom rail.

As the above response mentioned, the channel was crimped on both sides of the roller to keep the roller from moving when you slide the door.

I tried un-crimping but could not get the rollers out. Not sure if the sliders were also glued in, but I couldn't slide nor chisel the old rollers out. A Dremel is too small to reach. I still have part of the original rollers stuck in the groove. It was so bad that I mangled the groove so there's no chance of removing the old one. Luckily, I was able to manually put two new rollers in new locations so at least I got it to work. Was hoping to put three or four rollers but I can't slide the additional rollers into the groove.
track
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
What I have done in situations like this was to secure the rail in a bench vise to hold it in place. Then I would use a type of awl and a hammer and try to get up under the piece in the groove. This should spread the groove and should pop the broken piece up out of the groove. Then when you are finished you can use a set of pliers to close up the groove. If you aren't comfortable with this project you may want the help of a local handy person.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.