How to use the latch in the middle of the handle?

Home Owner from California
Oct 19, 2023 9:52 am
My sliding door uses a handle like this with the handle in the middle of the handle. I cannot find a replacement handle with the latch in the middle, only in the lower position.

I would appreciate recommendations.

Thanks
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 19, 2023 2:19 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

It sounds like you might be looking for a patio door handle set with a centered thumb latch. We can't be sure of what you need without seeing the original assembly but you can start by looking at the 82-030. which has an adjustable thumb latch that can be centered or offset. 

Hole center dimensions for 82-030
Hole center dimensions for 82-030

We also offer the 82-030A keyed version of this handle with the thumb latch fixed in the center position. With that being said, you would need to confirm that the 3-15/16" hole spacing matches yours. Take a look and feel free to get back to us with photos of your hardware to confirm if these parts could work for your application. Thank you! 

Home Owner from California
Oct 20, 2023 12:32 am
That does not look like the handle on my door, but it might fit as the mounting holes are about the same.
Thanks for your help.
IMG_1658
1 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 20, 2023 8:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Your handle set is a closer style to the 82-089 but, unfortunately, it is not available with a centered thumb latch. With that being said, we recommend the 82-030 to replace this type of handle set all the time. As long as the hole spacing matches up to yours, which it appears to, then you should be good to go.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts