Hurd crank out window

A quick learner from New hampshire says:
The brass insert popped out, seems like some threads from the casing were stuck in the threads of the insert. Can't get the brass insert back in. Seems like the casing a stripped.

No other markings on the window, except on the handle.

Can the mechanism be replaced?

Does the window have to be replaced?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 368A8FCB-9889-4222-96FA-A40C4322EDA4.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like your worm gear is stripped. When this happens, I'm afraid it means the entire operator needs to be replaced. We'd be happy to help, but we'll need to see a picture of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible.

Thank you! 

Actually, Im able to screw in the worm gear (with splines) just fine. Its that round brass bushing piece I cant get into the housing. I assume the lower wood trim needs to be removed to replace the mechanism. That said, for a picture what view of what item do you need?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't sell a replacement for that little brass piece. We'd be happy to help identify your operator, but we'd like to see a picture of the operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. That will help us narrow down your options. 

Hey Emily. Ultimately we are on the same page, but what seems stripped IMO is the crank housing that the brass bushing threads into. But, agreed the operator needs replacement.

So, here are some additional pics of the components and the operator fully extended. Also, if it helps I did find a data plate that has Hurd Millwork Co, CSE / AWN 1993

Additionally, where do you think that lower wood sash covering the operator comes off from? Where it looks like the bottom of the operator housing or where there's a faint line near the top of the elevator housing?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16F85529-6F31-4DD6-B42C-7E2122392304.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F7246DA5-B7BF-4123-831D-7D3215577233.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 46E75F84-29C9-43FC-91C1-2B1A9FDF1D3D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 71880D96-6468-4E52-BBCE-B90107F437E1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AB1EC00C-FA14-46D0-A0BD-45B74C636314.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional pictures! Start by taking a look at our 39-083, 39-140 and 39-143 operators. Look over the dimensions for each and see if any match what you need. 

As for the lower wood sash covering you're referring to, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you looking to remove it? 

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.