Hurd double hung wooden window keeper

A quick learner from Fairfax says:
Im looking for the keeper for the lock on a Hurd doible hung wooden window. See photo of missing and present keeper.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210221_130457.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210221_091424.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to know the distance between the mounting holes of your keeper, measured from center to center, to research your replacement options. Seeing the lock that engages with your keeper could also be helpful. Thank you!

A quick learner from Fairfax says:
Hi Casey. Thanks for the reply. The distance between the holes is ~1.75 inches. Ive attached two photos of the lock. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210225_223405.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210225_223408.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Your sash lock looks like our 90-320. We don't carry an exact replacement for your keeper but take a look and see if our 90-282 recessed keeper could work for you. Thank you!

A home owner from CA says:
I, too, am looking for a Hurd replacement lock. As shown in quick learner's pics, the existing lock mounts from the side (not top). I'm looking at P/N 90-281 since it's top size matches closely to my existing lock. Do I need a new keeper or will my existing Hurd keep work (same as shown in the pic from quick learner)
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

If your sash lock installs as shown in the photos above, the 90-281 would not be a suitable replacement since it installs differently. Is there a reason that you don't think that the 90-320 recommended to the customer who started this thread would work for you as well? Feel free to get back to us with photos of your part for further confirmation. 

A home owner from CA says:
The size of 90-281 is the same size as the one on my window. The window frame is large enough to support a vertical screw. Why do you think that 90-281 will not work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2054.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to say. The 90-281 is definitely similar in design, but it's designed to screw directly to the window. I see no visible screw holes in yours, which means they probably have a different placement entirely. Your first step should be to remove the original lock from the window entirely, identify the location of the screw holes, and see if the 90-281 would be able to install in the same way.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.