Hurricane Window Spiral Balance

A quick learner from USA says:
I talked to your customer service representative today and she suggested I email you this picture. I need to replace the balances for my hurricane windows.

The circular case is just over 37" long and the metal spiral part is just over 37" long. It appears to be black on the end. The windows are extremely heavy.

Can you tell me the correct part to purchase? I have attached another picture that includes the inter part of the tube and two pictures of the bottom of the frame and one picture of the top of the frame where the tube attaches.

Thank you for help and patience with me.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Just a few questions. One, just to confirm, the outer tube of the balance is 37", but not including the black-colored tip? Two, is this a tilt-window, i.e. there are latches that allow you to tilt the window inwards for cleaning? If the answer is yes to both questions, then see our S600-37 5/8" Spiral Balance. The black tip is for a sash weight of 31 through 40 lbs. Let us know what you think.

I have discovered the window is made by Norandex. It is a non tilt window. The rest is correct. You will note the outer tube is white. The metal tube fits inside the white and the spiral goes inside of that.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for the clarification. May we have the diameter of the white balance tube, and is there a code number stamped on it? Also, may we have a close up at the end of the spiral, and may we see the bracket on the bottom of the sash that connects to the spiral? This will help us identify what you may need. Thank you.

Thank you for reply, I do not see a number on the white tube. The tube 5/8", and have attached pictures. I am not sure what the sash is so I might have attached more pictures than needed

Don
Profile picture of Paul

How wide are the pins at the end of the spiral? May we see the black nylon pawl at the end of the balance tube? Many thanks.

The pictures are attached. The spiral bar 37 3/4 long

The pins are 1/2 inch wide

Profile picture of Paul

Ah, I was afraid of that. These will have to be a custom order due to the size of those pins. None of our standard balances will replace it.

Thankfully we have everything we need to get started. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, I'll have my colleague Tom email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

I wii need 4
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great, thanks! I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 4.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.