I can't identify what rubber piece needs to be used on this sweep

A quick learner from CA says:
Hi - this is an old shower door (pre-2005); there was once a rubber strip of some sort and I can identify what it is missing or where it goes once I have the part. I thought iit was something that slides into the large groove but I may be wrong? Does it go behind it?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 98DF39D8-A51A-430A-A8FE-B677A46458C7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0F3F2A8-99EF-477D-A0D0-68E35E06CF17.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 38EB46F8-CC45-4E1D-BD6B-643EEA5E695D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You almost definitely had an old vinyl sweep that went into your drip rail, but I'm not sure what it was, either. Odds are that's not something you're going to find; shower doors have a lot of turnover, hardware wise. A company will develop a series of door for only a brief time before discontinuing it entirely or even just going out of business. It happens all the time.

Instead of trying to track down the exact vinyl to go with your drip rail, I recommend that you consider an all new drip rail entirely. See our 10-324 for what we sell, though note that we have lengths other than 24" if you needed them.

I think this will work for you, but you will probably need to drill new holes for it to install on your door. You may also need to trim it to size to fit. That may seem like a lot but it will probably be a lot easier than tracking down the original vinyl, in my opinion.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.