I have 6 windows that needs 12 channel replacements

A home owner from Shingle Springs, CA says:
they are all 14" long channels
two of the windows weigh 21.6 lb
two of the windows weigh 17.6 lb
two of the windows weigh 20.2 lb

from the top and bottom attachment, I think I have either the 351 or 390 model. I wanted to double check if those are correct. the bottom attachment is slightly over 1", but not 1 1/8" between 1" and 1 1/16"

from the weight ranges listed for each model, I didn't see one for close to this weight range. can you help find the right part?

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4242.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4241.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13DS36L
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. We can supply these balances as a custom order, due to the heavy duty springs. We can use the 1365 for both the 17.5 pound sash and 20.2 pound sash, since it has a weight rating of 18 through 20 pounds.

The 21.6 pound sash is a different story. Your original stamp indicates a much heavier sash weight at 36 pounds. Can you confirm the weight on this one?

If you are confident that it is 21.6 pounds, then we have two possible options for you to pick from, but unlike the other two this is calibrated to one very specific weight. You have two choices: 21 pounds or 22 pounds. I'd like you to tell me which one you want to go with.

Finally, to go back to your original question, I am certain that these are the Series 390. The shoe depth probably just wore down over time.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jason. If those windows were always hard to close then the heavy duty spring was absolutely the problem. I don't know what the installers were thinking using something that strong for such a relatively light window, but these things happen sometimes. That won't be an issue with the new hardware.

I will email you an order link and price quote right now for four balances of each size requested. Please let me know if you  had any questions or if you needed anything else.

For reference, the 1365 stamp is for 18 through 20 pounds and the 13DS22 stamp is for 22 pounds.

thank you for the quick response. I have re weighed all the windows again.

we have two that are 17.5-17.8 and 4 that are between 21.6 and 21.8

can I get 4 for the 22lb windows and 2 for the 18-20lb windows?

I think what you said about the old springs being for 36lb window made sense. the larger windows was very hard to close before. it took a lot of force to close the last bit of it. I Think they had the spring that was too much for the windows before. was that the 1390 spring spec? or the 36L on one of the balance?

Thanks,

Jason
thank you
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.