I have Weatheseal windows and need replacement cranks

A home owner from Denver CO says:
I need three replacement cranks for Weatherseal windows. One is for a smaller window, picture attached. The length of the crank is 10 inches for each of the two legs
I need two cranks for a larger window, picture attached. The length of the legs are 5 inches d=for the cross piece na d4.5 inches for the piece coming out from the frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named large window crank.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inside crank.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named small window crank.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 39-171 and 39-172 to your casement window operator. 

As for your awning window, your photo reminds me of the 39-348, which is used with the 36-078 shoe studs that are sold separately. Take a look and compare the specifications below to your original hardware and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 39-172
Dimensions for 39-172

detail of 39-348
detail of 39-348

Dimensions for 36-078
Dimensions for 36-078

Dimensions for 36-078
Dimensions for 36-078

Thanks. 39-171 looks to be correct. 39-348 is the right length. However the shoe stud where looks materially different. A copy of the base where the awning operator attached is attached to this response. Let me know what is the correct shoe stud

Also attached is a picture of the window crank I need to repalce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named awning connect.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inside crank.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. If you think that the 36-078 shoe stud may differ from yours, we'd be happy to look into this further but we would need to see detailed photos of your original stud detached from the track. Please also write out any dimensions that differ from the ones shown above. Though I still believe that the 36-078 looks like the part in your photos, seeing additional images would help us confirm if a better match is available.

I took part of the base apart. The problem is the part of the window crank that as on the inside of the house, not the outside. The crank spins in place and wont close the window. I can get the window open not closed. The part that doent work are attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window part.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying, Unfortunately, the spline shown in your photo that attaches the handle to the operator base is not designed to be replaced. Once this part breaks, the entire operator would need to be swapped out. 

Do you have ta replacement for the entire unit like for the other casement. What you showed me looks like the outside part, the show stud but no cranking mechanism
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the 36-078 shoe studs do not come preattached to the 39-348 operator. You may be able to reuse your original shoes and, if not, they would need to be purchased in addition to the operator. 

Soo you use the same operator ( 39-171) put use the same attachement or is there a special operator for the aaning attachments
Profile picture of Casey

The 39-171 does not use an attachment. The link arm connects to the bracket attached to your sash as shown in your first photo. If you're referring to the brackets, past customers have used the 39-545 and 39-546 with this assembly but you should be able to reuse the originals if they are still in good condition. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.