I have a broken channel balance and lock

A landlord from Troy, Ohio says:
Enter rental house to find all 4 channel balance and lock broken. Attach are photos of what is left of balance and good lock from another window.
Also, do you selll sashes? I have 3 lower sashes with moisture between the panes of glass.
Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FCEEC3B8-9A51-4176-A441-FE5FA14A7D28.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 07327529-D292-478C-98CC-8F32C5CC9BA4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 67F454BE-6E35-4073-BB19-414DE174B860.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F1FDD220-068C-48EE-B0DC-FD04701A395D.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience. Let's start with your window lock and move on from there. The best match for your lock should be our 90-042 along with our 90-041 keeper. As for your channel balances. It seems you are showing an old Nuprime channel balance that can be replaced with our Series 390. I noticed some of your markings, "1640" and "1540". We'd like for you to confirm the metal length of your balance in order to tell you which ones would make the best matches. 

Profile picture of Paul

As for the fogged glass, we won't be able to assist you with that since we only offer window and door replacement hardware. You will need to take your sashes to your nearest glass shop and they should be able to replace the insulated glass with a new one. Best of luck on this project. 

A quick learner from Troy, OH says:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply. The metal length on all four channel balances are 16". I also used a magnifying glass to confirm all the stamped number are 1640.

Take care,

Tom S

Profile picture of Paul

If your stamp is 16", the length of the metal channel should be 17". If your metal channel is 16" instead, then the original installers must have cut it down an inch for whatever reason. Maybe it's all they had available. You can go with our 16" balance but you'll need to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm the proper option.

A quick learner from Troy, OH says:
Sorry for the late reply. I have weighed both the upper and lower sashes and they are 13lbs. each. Please let me know if you need any other information.
Profile picture of Paul

Hi Tom, 

No problem at all. For your sash weighing 13 lbs, I would recommend going with the 1550 option for the S390-16 balance. Unless you have any other questions, you should be all good to go! 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.