I have some parts missing or broken

A home owner from San Jose, California says:

Hi, It is a Misguard sliding patio door (Supposed to be)

The keeper is missing. The frame shows it had 4 holes for screws.

The LATCH LEVER is broken. The one on your site looks different and has different dimensions.

I found the model of the door.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0928.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0929.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0930.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0931.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0935.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If your thumb lever is broken, then I recommend our 82-240. I'm confident that this will work for your door. As for the keeper, there are a couple of options. Consider our 89-030 or 89-036 to start. Carefully look over our dimensions and let me know what you think.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello again! I'll help as best as I can.

1. When I say to consider a part to start, I mean that I think it's a good option and you should look into it. We have detailed photos and dimensions on our site that you can use as a reference. I don't know for a fact if it will work, since your old one is missing, so you'll have to take some measurements of the space available in your door and see how they match up to the dimensions we show for each part. If they don't fit, you can return them for a refund. See our return policy here.
  2. I'm afraid that we don't have an alternate option for the 82-240. This is the only thumb lever in this style that we carry. If that won't work for you, we have nothing else that will. It's possible yours is an older style that isn't made anymore, but I've never run across anything like that before. Keep in mind that 6mm is 0.236" compared to 7/32", which is 0.218". That is an extremely small difference. I can't think of a reason why the manufacturer would make a thumb lever in the same style but with only a little over 1/64" difference in thickness. 
  3. Like I mentioned before, we have detailed dimensions for each keeper on their respective store page, including hole center spacing. 

I must stress that there's no way to know for sure what keeper will work, since your old one is missing. All we can do is make an educated guess. We cannot guarantee if our parts will work without an actual part on hand to use as a reference. There isn't going to be any way to know what you have beyond any shadow of a doubt; ultimately, you will have to take a leap of faith. There's no way around it, aside form seeing if you have a neighbor that has the same door.

A home owner from San Jose, California says:
Yes, i have questions
1. What do you mean by "Consider our ... to start."? What happens if they do not fit? I'm stuck with a thing that does not fit and i do not need?

2. The 82-240 not only has a different shape and form it also has different dimensions. The length is a little different is OK, not important but the "shaft" or how you call it is 7/32 which transfers to 5.5 MM roughly. Mine is 6MM.
Not to much play?

3. The keeper. It would be really nice to see distance dimensions between the engaging holes. And another thing, The doorcase depth is 22MM and door goes in 13.5MM which leaves 8.5 MM for the keeper, however, the keeper is 1/2" which is 12.7MM leaving a huge gap of 4.2MM (0.17").

Please advise

AF
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.