I need help with my Dorwal door

A quick learner from Topeka KS says:
We cannot get the sliding Dorwal 1200 door out because of inside tile higher than the bottom slide bar; how does one remove the stable door so that we can then remove the sliding door towards the outside rather than the inside of the house. Thanks. (I recently bought several new rollers 81-030 for you but three of the doors open onto the same tiled floor!) Roy
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
First, as you said, you will have to remove the stationary door. There should be jamb clips holding it in the track near the head and sill. I also recommend that you remove the doors from the outside. Check out the guide below for more information.
A quick learner from Topeka, KS says:
Dave: Thanks for your reply and the associated tutorials. Unfortunately on our Dorwal 1200 I cannot locate any metal strip along the outside of the doors, nor any screws in the most outside part of the track. Should the stationary door lift out as it is, or do I need to remove the full 5" wide track, which is held in place with several screws into the joist or whatever is below the door? Thank you again for the help. Roy L.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You should have two clips similar to our 80-003. They will be located inside on the jamb-side of the stationary door. One will be near the top and one near the bottom. You might also just have one in the center. Remove them, pull the stationary door over, and lift it out. If it still wont come out look for any other type clips on the other side of stationary door near the top that could be preventing you from lifting the door off the track.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.