I need new tracks and hardware for bifold mirror doors

A contractor from 53217 says:

I have two 4 foot openings with double mirror bifold doors and one 18 inch opening with one bifold door. The tracks are rusty and warn out, from the late 70s early 80s I believe. They are heavy doors and have tracks on top and bottom. What can i get to replace them? The pin hardware on the doors seem to be in good shape, nothing broken or missing and all seem to spring back as they should.

Thanks

Brian

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230121_123335.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_171159.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_171232.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_171236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_171241.jpg
A contractor from 53217 says:

Here is a cross section of the track. Track is on top and bottom of these heavy mirror doors. It looks more like your 23-510 track but that says its good for doors up to 30 lbs. It might be heavier gage metal. It is 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall. It doesn't look like your 21-455 which looks like its heavy duty and made for metal doors with mirrors. Should I replace all the tracks and guides with your heavy duty ones or stick with the same style we have now? All the weight is on the pivot pins anyway, right? The guide end is just for guiding the other end.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230125_155621.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree, our 23-510 track looks to match what you have installed now. The dimensions are the same and it even uses the same 23-302 bracket (which comes included with the 23-510 track).

That said, if you think your doors exceed 30 pounds then that may be an issue. You may want to triple check that before you purchase anything. I'm not sure if you could use a different track in our inventory as an alternative to this, either.

A quick learner says:
I wanted to confirm that the bi-fold door top slide guides 23-130 work with your track 23-510. Our current configuration includes these guides on top and bottom of the doors. I know it says top slide guide but will this work for top and bottom? As I mentioned, the doors currently have tracks and guides on top and bottom.
Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 23-130 and 23-510 are very commonly used together, yes. That said, I don't think I've ever seen the 23-510 used on the bottom like you describe. That's very likely the work of a past repair. I can't really speak for how that would affect weight distribution, unfortunately, since that's not the intended use of the hardware.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.